This is a workshop specifically designed for leaders in schools whose leadership role is to drive school improvement and change through team leadership. It is a full day professional learning activity designed to enable participants to:
1. Participate in activities that will enhance their understanding and leadership capabilities in leading school improvement, with a particular focus on effective team leadership and change management.
2. Network with leaders from other schools, learn about their roles in leading School Improvement areas and how they are playing them, and discuss some of the key challenges that they have faced, or are anticipating this year.
3. Share their experiences so far in leading a school improvement initiative and what they want to achieve by the end of the College’s strategic plan, as well as what they want to achieve by the end of this year.
4. Undertake PL on effectively structuring for a highly effective team, and reflected on how well the team that they lead meets each key element.
5. Gain clarity around how the Four Pillars of Effective Leadership and the AITSL Leadership Framework might inform all their work as Team Leaders.
6. Agree on ways in which they can collaborate together to enhance their roles and impact.
7. Gain clarity about how they might assess their impact.
8. Undertake PL on Change Management and Leadership, and participate in table discussions about how they apply these strategies to their own change initiative.
9. Engage both formally and informally with Executive Committee members on various issues, including the development of their career paths, and the support that they can receive from VASSP on this journey.